It’s the season for it, and to celebrate the (almost) last working day before the big 2-5, we’ve joined many TV channels in producing our very own top-10 countdown. Based on some of the TV offerings we’ve seen, we could have chosen to count down anything from our top-10 favourite Christmas puddings through to our top-10 yellow socks, but as we’re IT folks we thought we’d give something else a try.
So we’ve gone for……. the somewhat less-than-punchy title of our top-10 IT, tech or internet related jokes or funny quotes. In the humble opinion of the team at Complete IT Systems, it’s 10 of the best from around the internet.
Enjoy – and please make sure you reference (or at least think of us!) if you find yourself resorting to them on Christmas day when the cracker jokes have dried up!
- Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. Archibald Putt
- If you don’t want to be replaced by a computer, don’t act like one. — Arno Penzias.
- Science is supposedly the method by which we stand on the shoulders of those who came before us. In computer science, we all are standing on each others’ feet. — G. Popek.
- Smash forehead on keyboard to continue… – unattributed
- Murphy’s Law of Inconvenient Malfunction: A device will fail at the least opportune possible moment.
- What is a mouse potato? The online, wired generation’s answer to the couch potato.
- I sit looking at this damn computer screen all day long, day in and day out, week after week, and think: Man, if I could just find the ‘on’ switch… — Zachary Good.
- On the negative side, I’ve been getting charged for a ton of stuff I didn’t order lately. On the positive side, I did win that ‘Who’s Got the Best Password’ contest on AOL last week. — Spike Donner.
- At some point…we must have faith in the intelligence of the end user. – Unattributed
- And finally, as the great Thomas Edison once said (in a light bulb moment?…), “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work”.
That’s all folks – all that’s left to say is to have a great Christmas and a wonderful new year.
Thanks to the following sites for making our research easier – and there’s plenty more funnies to be found on them too.