Health trusts and services are being asked to deliver and support an increasing number of services through IT. Probably more than any other sector within Public services, the NHS is being asked to provide a more business to consumer approach to the patients they care for. This must be achieved within the confines of an aggressive savings agenda and shrinking budgets.
What does that mean?
In short, it means that a health trust needs to support and deliver multiple applications securely to a wide range of health professionals. In order to deliver savings and a supportive IT environment health trusts will have to completely rethink how their technology is delivered to end users.
How can Droplet Computing help?
- Challenge the expensive desktop deployment solutions currently deployed by health trusts.
- Droplet Computing containers enable health trusts to develop an application platform configured to end user need.
- Breath new life into “fat client” software by delivering via Droplet Computing containers
- Remove applications from the underlying OS enabling clinical hardware (such as an MRI scanner) reliant on an older OS, without worrying about an unsupported OS affecting application functionality.
- Enabling staff to access patient critical applications on any device even offline – saving on hardware and enabling staff to work offsite and with patients in the home.
Health workers who are required to visit patients require an IT environment that is robust, flexible and cost effective.
Droplet Computing enables staff to use hardware such as the Chromebook which, in comparison to the cost of a tablet or laptop, is far more competitively priced and offers greater battery life. Droplet Computing containers effectively turns a Chromebook into a PC. The heath trust could purchase three Chromebooks for the price of a single laptop.
To see how Droplet Computing containers can help transform the way you deliver healthcare applications today, contact us for a free trial, or demonstration and redefine your application delivery.
The offline working offered by Droplet Computing will also enable staff working offsite, out of connectivity, to still provide a service to customers.
Want to find out more?
As Droplet Computing Partners, Complete IT Systems can offer you expert advice on the solutions and how they could be effectively deployed in your business. Read more on our central Droplet page here.
To find out more please call us on 01274 396 213 or use our contact form and we’ll arrange a good time to call you back.