Malware and email messages are, unfortunately, the same as bread to butter or hands to gloves. The two go hand in hand. In fact, the connection is so acute that it’s been found that over 90% of all known malware is delivered into companies via email.
And there’s even worse news for IT managers and systems administrators. Here’s some of the main points from the Cofense State of Phishing Defence report:
- The average user / employee doesn’t go two full days between receiving phishing messages
- More than 50% of phishing messages have the word “invoice” in the subject line
- 21% of malicious emails carry harmful attachments or phishing-related malware
Given that this data was gathered over 135 million simulations, 800,000 emails and 50,000 actual phishing campaigns targeting companies in 23 industries, the threat is obviously a real one.
Protect your business email with a 6 month FREE Kaspersky trial!
To support remote working in this challenging time, we’re offering 6 months’ FREE protection with the very latest version of Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365. This extends protection for SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams, securing all collaboration and messaging channels within Microsoft Office 365.
Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365 uses advanced heuristics, machine learning and other next-generation technologies to protect your communication and collaboration processes from ransomware, malicious attachments, spam, phishing (including Business Email Compromise) and unknown threats.
Sign up NOW for a FREE 6-month license and take protecting remote workers off your to-do list.
- Prevent threats and keep your business running
- Endpoint protection from the most tested, most awarded security vendor
- Protect Windows desktops and file servers, Mac OS workstations, iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
- Secure Microsoft Office 365 communication and collaboration
Want to find out more?
As Kaspersky Gold Partners, Complete IT Systems can offer you expert advice on the solutions and how they could be effectively deployed in your business.
To find out more please call us on 01274 396 213 or use our contact form and we’ll arrange a good time to call you back.