Backups should be your organisation’s insurance policy against ransomware attacks. They provide the ability to restore your production environment to a stable state at an appropriate point in time. It is vital to protect Veeam backups are also an insurance policy against malware attacks because data can always be recovered.
Hackers are now looking for different routes to infiltrate corporate networks. It comes as no surprise that sophisticated malware attacks are now heading straight for backups. Attacks on backups compromise all the data there before heading for live systems.
It does not help that Veeam V11 running under Microsoft Windows offers no native immutability feature for local backups. Veeam does have the option of a hardened Linux based backup repository with V11, but many organisations lack Linux expertise in-house, or have no desire to add Linux to their Windows-dominated environment.
Cybersecurity provision needs to be strengthened and adapted to keep up to speed. Protecting Veeam backup objects is vital. However, traditional security measures are often not practical for cloud-based online backups in branch or remote offices. This can be because of limited resources or skills onsite, bandwidth restrictions or other practical obstacles.
Blocky for Veeam protects remote office data from malware attacks on backed-up data with 7 simple steps:
- Simple installation: Blocky is easy to install with a filter driver tightly coupled to the Windows OS, but only requiring minimal system resources
- 85% of Ransomware attacks target Windows systems: Blocky turns the Windows NTFS/ReFS volumes(s) of the Veeam Repository Server into a protected device.
- Protect Veeam backups even if compromised: Blocky will continue to protect against Malware even if a virus has entered the program and damaged the Blocky software.
- Rapid attack recovery: Unlike solutions based on offsite storage media or cloud-based strategies, Blocky protects your local archives for the fastest possible recovery time.
- Cost effective insurance: Blocky for Veeam is priced based on the total backup disk volume capacity and insignificant compared to the costs of a successful Ransomware attack.
- Instant alerts: Blocky will send alerts of ANY unauthorised application or processes that try to access a protected backup volume. This can be very useful in the early detection of a malware or ransomware attack. Even the hardened Linux solution under Veeam V11 does not provide this.
- Quicker recovery times: Local backups offer the fastest possible recovery time and will typically incur far lower costs than offline backups such as tape or cloud-based object storage.
Find out more
Read more about Blocky for Veeam and view a short introduction video.
As Blocky for Veeam Certified Partners, Complete IT Systems have a team of specialists on hand to demo the solution. We can discuss business benefits and help you understand how the technology works for your organisation. We also offer FREE trials.
To get in touch or request a demo please contact us.