Down to earth, solid and secure
Keeping your organisation’s data in the Cloud isn’t always the only and right option. It’s more about finding an approach that suits you.
A survey in various countries across Europe has revealed that despite the opportunities that the Cloud offers, about 90% of employees still use USB drives to transport data. This is for good reason, as USB drives:
- Allow you to work independently without the need for internet & Cloud access
- Require a one-off investment only and don’t require any maintenance
- Don’t need a lengthy set-up and contract
The nuclear option!
Yet we also know that many organisations lock down USB ports and ban their employees from using them. This isn’t always a sensible solution, as it limits flexibility and can encourage employees to search for workarounds such as private email or Cloud services.
Smart alternatives to the nuclear option of locking down USB ports include:
- Rolling out encrypted USB drives company-wide to provide your users with the secure file sharing solutions they need to do their job quickly and effectively
- Integrating encrypted USB drives into your companies’ security strategy and architecture via endpoint management
- Educating your employees on data security and training them on how to use USB drives securely
Kingston’s encrypted USB drives come with a variety of customisation options that make them fit with your organisation’s security needs, strategy and policies.
How we can help
Complete IT Systems and Kingston Technology have the solutions, experience, accreditations and skills to provide your business with the security solutions you need. For more information call us on 01274 396 213 or contact us and we can call you back.