Many teams are having to quickly adjust to remote working, and if it’s not something they have done before it can take a bit of getting used to – especially the social side of work.
To this end, we’ve put these short tips together to share with your users if you’ve rolled out a new collaboration tool such as Microsoft Teams. This will help them replace the social and interactive elements of office life as best they can during the current crisis.
- Start the day with a “stand up meeting” – greet one another with videos on just as you would in a physical office. It gets everyone started for the day and you can chat about your evening
- Coffee breaks – get together mid-morning and mid-afternoon to chat and enjoy tea or coffee together as a team
- Randomly ping colleagues at various points during the day
- “Ask me anything” (within reason!) brainstorming sessions with managers and sub-teams
- Friday after work – enjoy a drink together online after you finish work on a Friday
In some ways, all of these actions could actually make teams more sociable than in an office!
Adjusting to homeworking during the COVID19 crisis
Over the coming days and weeks the expert team at Complete IT Systems are publishing a series of guidance and tips to help you and your business through this situation. This will cover all aspects of quickly providing safe, comfortable and efficient home offices for your users, including data security, collaboration tools, laptops, desktops, print and consumables, support for critical IT tasks, and more.
Get Microsoft Teams FREE for your users!
Connect on Teams anywhere with Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices, or bring remote participants into meeting spaces of all sizes with Teams.
We know Microsoft can be a little daunting to navigate – we can guide you through the process. Just give us your email address and we’ll get you started.
Talk to us – we’re just at the end of a phone
Complete IT Systems Ltd have been providing these services to our customers for over 10 years and have many satisfied clients. For more information on how we can help, or just to get some general advice on IT and business supplies during the crisis, please call us on 01274 396 213. You can also see the full range of products and services we offer, or read more about our support services here.